Do I have to pay my levy if my shop/business is no longer trading?
Yes . The levy is payable even if your business is no longer trading. You will remain liable for the  BID whilst you remain liable for the premises i.e. you remain the leaseholder. If you are no longer liable for the premises please see below.

How do I notify a change of ownership?
If the lease has been transferred to someone else or has been handed back to the freeholder, please notify Stour Valley & Poole Partnership 01202 634233.  It is them that manage the information relating to collecting the levy.

When can I contact the office?
We can be contacted by email at any time and will normally respond to emails within 24 hours.

Normal Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm. However, due to the flexible nature of our work, there may be times when we are not available at the office. Please do leave a message for us or email

The BID mobile telephone number is 07955 092624.

How do I find out what is going on in town?
The town website: lists many of the town's events.

To add your event click here and then press the 'Post Your Event' button.

The Tourist Information Centre hold details of events through East Dorset.

How is the BID performing?
The BID monitors performance against our business plan and discusses this regularly.  A document is kept up to date and results will be published in readiness for the annual Levy Payers meeting.

How can I have my say?
Please contact the BID office:
Allendale House, Hanham Road, Wimborne, BH21 1AS
01202 888992 / 07955 092624

You can also talk to any of our Directors; the office will point you in the right direction.

How can I get involved?
Details about how to become a BID Director will be published before each annual meeting.

There are many ways to be involved in the work of the BID. If there is a particular committee or project that you are interested in and feel you can add value, please contact the office to enquire.  There are also opportunities for volunteers to help with the general running of the BID.

Do BID Directors get paid?
BID Directors are all volunteers and do not get any payments.  No expenses are paid e.g. for travelling or time. (Directors can claim for reimbursements for things they buy for the BID).

Why don't I receive communications from you?
It is not possible to make hard copies of all of our communications.  We put information on the website and we have an email list that we use to email newsletters and other communications.  We want you to be on this list, so if you do not receive communications from us, please provide us with your email address and please make sure you add to your contact list to prevent our messages going into Spam/Junk.  We also post regularly to facebook and Twitter.  Search for Wimborne Minster BID.

Can I use the Square?
The BID (in conjunction with the Town Council and the Chamber of Trade), manage the bookings of the Square.  Please refer to the Square Bookings page for more details.  We positively encourage use of the Square and would like levy payers and Associate members to make as much use of it as possible.

I don't like what the Square is used for
What happens on the Square is agreed between the BID, EDDC, the Town Council and the Chamber of Trade.  If you have views on what it is used for, please make them known to any of the above and objections or suggestions can be discussed at one of our regular Town Centre Liaison Group meetings.

What is an Associate BID Member?
Some businesses are exempt from paying a levy due to the rateable value of their premises being below the minimum set by the local Council OR if they are outside of the 'levy boundary'. But if they would still like to be part of the BID community and receive all of the same benefits, they pay an annual fee to become an Associate member.

What are the local street sign policies?
This can be complex depending on where the signs are i.e. main highway signs will be the Highways Agency, whereas others with be Dorset County Council.  Contact the BID office or the Town Council for a copy of their signage policy.

What is the Council Policy on A boards?
Dorset County Council have recently amended their policy on A boards.  Contact the BID office or the Town Council for a copy of their A board policy.